Vegetarian Sloppy Joes
Lentils work great as a meat substitute in these Sloppy Joes
- 1 cup dry brown lentils, sorted, rinsed
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 can (15 oz each) Manwich® Original Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Combine lentils and water in large saucepan. Cover; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, chop carrot and add to lentils when they come to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 20 minutes or until lentils are tender. Drain.
- Stir in Sloppy Joe sauce and brown sugar; simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Place about 1/2 cup lentil mixture on each bun bottom and close with top. Serve immediately.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||2 g||4%|
|Saturated fat||0 g||0%|
|Dietary fiber||11 g||46%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.